With 360 kms of skiable terrain located at high altitude, expect reliable snow conditions and snow for 365 days of the year and and one of the longest winter seasons in the Alps. Ski terrain is spread across three main ski areas with the Matterhorn Glacier Paradise area being the largest. This includes a impressive vertical drop back to town of over 2,200m. Take a lift up to heights of 3,883m to the Klein Matterhorn peak where you can gaze at the four thousand metre high Alps and then ski down on a variety of ski runs, All pistes are carefully groomed for all skill levels and if you get tired on the way down stop off at one of the numerous cosy restaurants located next to the pistes.
- Old European charm
- Surrounded by some of the highest mountains in Western Europe
- Skiing every day of the year
- Longest winter season in the Swiss Alps
- Quality apres ski and gourmet dining options
- Car free resort
|Top Elevation||3,899 Metres|
|Base Elevation||1,620 Metres|
|Vertical Drop||2,279 Metres|
|Ave Annual Snowfall||2.23 Metres|
|Ski in / Ski out||Yes|
- Helicopter sightseeing
- Scenic winter walking trails
- A 10 minute evening toboggan run that can be combined with a fondue dinner
- A cable car trip to the top of the Klein Matterhorn
- Explore the Ice museum glacial caves
Zermatt has a variety of accommodation options to choose from.
Contact our Active Travel Experts for insider tips on where to stay and tailor made European ski/board experiences.
Getting to Zermatt
Zermatt is a car free ski resort.
Fly into either Zurich or Geneva airports where you can then catch a train or book a taxi to Zermatt.
Ask our Active Travel Experts to assist you in pre arranging transfers for your stay.
We'll find you the best value deals in the most amazing destinations. Let your active travel journey start with us!