Along with 360-degree views of the Rockies, challenging bowls, fast groomers, terrain parks and tree skiing, Copper’s ski holiday experience becomes complete with a lively après ski scene and an abundance of activities for everyone to enjoy. Our month-by-month winter guide brings you festive events in December through to spring laps in April.
Seasons festivities and Christmas decorations covering the village for the majority of the month makes December a great time of year to travel to Copper. Even better with there being some record snow dumps over this time & nice, light, fluffy powder!
Average Snowfall: 120cm
- USSA/RMD FIS Super G Races | December 02-03
- USASA Revolution Tour Qualifier | December 06
- Land Rover U.S. Grand Prix | December 11-14
- The U.S. Revolution Tour | December 15-21
- Freeskier Presents Buyers Guide Live Demo Tour | December 21
- Red’s Backyard Jam | December 23
- Holiday Festivities & Fireworks | December 24
- Peace Park Opening Ceremony | December 28
- New Year’s Eve at Copper, USASA Rail Jam, & Moonlight Dine & Ski | December 31
- Discover the beauty of Copper Mountains snow-covered meadows and forest on a free snowshoe tour, happening daily.
- Kick off your ski boots and grab a tube for a wild ride with your family or friends sliding your way down the slopes at Copper Tubing Hill.
Lots of snow & activities make January one of the better months to spend the beginning of your year in Copper.
Average Snowfall: 130cm
- Airblaster Mini Skolf Snowboard Challenge | January 04
- Play Forever Friday | January 10
- Secret Spot Challenge | January 11
- USASA RMS Slopestyle | January 11-12
- Ten Mile Tavern Beer Pairing Dining | January 16
- Play Forever Friday | January 17
- Coppers Safety Fest | January 18-19
- Play Forever Friday, & Summit High School Slalom Race | January 24
- Boarding 4 Breast Cancer Poker Run | January 25
- USSA Masters Race | January 25-26
- Get your fix of winter adventures with rides on one of the longest coasters in North America, Rocky Mountain Coaster covers nearly 2km and a 130m drop. Ride through the stunning snow-laden forest with 360 degree turns.
- Rent some skates and experience ice skating on West lake. You can also make use of hockey nets for a family game of ice hockey, plus there are fire pit stations where you can stop and roast marshmallows!
With low temperatures, snow holding, & generally lots of powder, February is a great month to travel to Copper. It is also a great month for activities.
Average Snowfall: 90cm
- Dew Tour | February 06-09
- Play Forever Friday | February 07
- Ten Mile Tavern Beer Pairing Dinner | February 13
- Play Forever Friday | February 14
- Copper Live 10 Barrel Snow Beach, Dukes Puppy Love Party, & Moonlight Dine & Ski Valentines | February 15
- Play Forever Friday | February 21
- Special Olympics Winter Games | February 22-23
- The Futures Tour | February 26-27
- Play Forever Friday | February 28
- Get to know the mountain better with insiders tips from the locals on a free mountain tour with a Copper Mountain Ambassador. Tours are offered twice daily, every day of the week, from mid-December into April.
- Using special equipment to travel up a snow-covered mountain you will join a group of like-minded people on a fully guided uphill tour. At the top, you will attach your boots and bindings and descend the mountain like you normally do.
March & April are often the snowiest months of the year in mountains above 9,000ft. Being higher in elevation than other resorts in Colorado, Copper holds the snow quite well which can make for some epic skiing in March before it turns into spring conditions. March also brings more bluebird days & higher temperatures.
- The Summit Foundation Cup | March 01
- Play Forever Friday | March 06
- 10 Barrel Hella Big Air | March 07
- Ladies Snow Day | March 08
- Play Forever Friday | March 13
- Moonline Dine & Ski, & Academy Snowboards Handplants & Butters | March 14
- Copper Live 10 Barrel Snow Beach | March 14
- Ten Mile Tavern Beer Pairing Dinner | March 19
- Play Forever Friday | March 20
- Copper Uncorked & Copper Live | March 21
- Puppy Love Party | March 22
- Play Forever Friday | March 27
- Moonlight Dine & Ski | March 28
- USASA National Championships | March 28 – April 08
- As one of the biggest & most popular indoor terrain parks in Colorado, the Woodward Copper Barn is the central hub of the Woodward Copper campus. Here practice your skills on the foam pit jumps, indoor ParkSki™ and Burton ParkBoard™ training areas, springfloor, tumble track, five Olympic-grade flybed trampolines and one 12’x12′ Super Trampoline.
- Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage or rejuvenating facial designed for the high altitude at the Copper Mountain Spa & Athletic Club.
Welcome warmer temperatures & spring skiing conditions with longer days. March & April are often the snowiest months of the year in mountains above 9,000ft. Hit the slopes in the morning then soak in the hot tub under a warm afternoon sun. As the sun starts setting later it gives you plenty of time to explore the village.
- Rocky Mountain Freestyle Cool Down | April 10-12
- Copper Live 10 Barrel Snow Beach | April 11
- Red Bull Slopesoakers | April 18
- Sunsation | April 18-19
- Closing Day, & 5th Annual High Fives Shred-A-Thon | April 19
- Learn while you turn! Ski with a Ranger teaches you about the natural and cultural history of the National Forest that hosts Summit County’s ski areas. Definitely worth stopping to smell the pine, spot the fox tracks and earn some chocolate along the way.
- Take a run or two down the Nastar Racing course, challenge your friends or compete for your own fastest time.
Our Active Travel Experts have exclusive deals, information and prices at their fingertips, they’ll help you find the best value deals and experiences to suit your needs and budget on your next ski/board experience in Copper. Get in touch on NZ Toll-Free: 0800 555 035 or click here for our latest offers. We can’t wait to chat about your perfect skiing or boarding experience!